Community Assistance Network, Inc (CAN)
The Community Assistance Network, Inc. (CAN)’s mission is to work in partnership with the community to develop, operate, and support programs that reduce vulnerability and promote personal growth, stability and self-sufficiency among low-income residents. We do this by providing shelters, eviction prevention, budgeting, after school and summer programming, weatherization and a food pantry.
Community Assistance Network, Inc. (CAN) operates three shelters. Homeless individuals seeking Emergency Shelter must call the Baltimore County Department of Social Services at 410-853-3000 (prompt #2 for Homeless Screening Unit/Adult Services) in order to be referred to an emergency shelter in Baltimore County.
Spanish language services available
Main Address7900 E Baltimore St
Baltimore, MD 21224
P: (410) 285-4674
Go to Website
- All Baltimore County Maryland Transit lines
- The general hours listed are associated with the Services-Outreach and Weatherization Departments. Shelters are open 24 hours each day.
Fees & Insurance
- Services are free
- Programs offered in rental assistance are free, but recipients of these programs are responsible to pay what the agency cannot fund towards their rental account.
- Spanish-speaking staff available
New Clients & Access
- New clients/patients accepted
- Intake happens in person
- Walk-ins allowed
- Same-day programs available
- Services-Outreach intake hours are completed during the hours of 9:00am -3:30pm. For the Homeless and Housing and Weatherization Departments, intake hours may vary, please contact [email protected] for further details.
- After-school, Summer, and Volunteer programming is accessible at the CAN Rosedale outreach center. Interested persons are asked to contact Roberta Mosby, Community Resources Specialist and Children’s Program Manager, at 410-285-4674 ext.309 for enrollment information and steps.
Reviews Write a review
Last updated on